Colour is effectively used in the electronics manufacturing industry for inspection of components, PCB’s and PCB finishing’s, as well as light sources from the AOI itself that reflect off different surfaces providing valuable inspection information.
All Mek AOI systems use 24-bit colour graphics processing providing more information per pixel for deeper calculations, thus improved inspection. The system transforms the colour information per pixel into several other colour domains where colours are distributed logically for a specific inspection. This results in reduced false defects while maintaining high defect detection rate compared to greyscale systems. Remember, not every colour camera system also calculates in colour!
• More information per pixel: deeper inspection
• Comfortable Operator Environment
• Reliable detection of printing errors on OSP or Gold PCBs
• Check colours of components
• Reduced false defects compared to greyscale systems